- Visit Amsterdam off the beaten track, The Amsterdam Castle, only 20 min. from Amsterdam!
- Enjoy 700 years of history, the castle is medieval and original
- We have a license to guide you inside the 17th century quarters
- No dull long history stories but we show you how people lived 350 years ago
- Relaxing, impressive and lots of fun
This tour you will talk about with your friends! We will take you back in time to see the seventeenth century, the age of the Amsterdam Castle’s most famous resident, the writer, poet and historian P.C. Hooft (The Dutch Shakespeare). The tour through the rooms will give you a clear impression of daily life. We show you their bedrooms, wait till you see the size of their beds in those days… you will wonder how they could sleep. We will show you how they ate breakfast and dinner and of course we show you their great pride; the knights hall!
Since Amsterdam centre has become a very busy tourist hub, you will greatly appreciate the peace and quiet area and the quaint villages around. You will have many opportunities for wonderful photos, the view from the top of one of the medieval towers is splendid. You can see the village of Muiden from above, the royal harbour and even the Zuiderzee, the large inland lake in The Netherlands. I very often get the remark ‘Martine, why are there hardly any tourists in this area? Everyone should see this’. Let’s hope that this beautiful gem remains as it is in the last 5 years.
Come and join us on this magic tour, enjoy 700 years of history!